Before you Apply: Please read about us and our history. Scroll down to see the online application.
Opportunities Currently Available:
- Guest Blog Writers
Program ONE Mentors for Women's Money and Mujeres y Dinero
Women’s Money® is looking for women who have a desire to give back to her community of women by helping them find and implement solutions to triumph over personal and financial challenges. This is a very time flexible position. You set your hours, and how many hours/days you wish to work.
No prior job experience is necessary (see required basic training).
Women’s Money® Mentor Duties and Skills
- This is a work from home, flex-time independent contractor position.
- Compensation is provided on a “per event/meeting” contract rate (this is NOT commission or hourly pay)
- Your own transportation is required.
- Knowledge of Google email, drive, and calendar systems is required for internal and external communication with both attendees and staff.
- Access to computer, internet, and printer (minimal printing) required.
- Comfortable using own smartphone/tablet/camera.
- Good organization, writing and oral skills.
- Natural talent for empathy, persuasion, and social perceptiveness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task (typing and active listening simultaneously).
- Financial industry knowledge is not required.
- Knowledge and experience of local, state or national community services is a plus.
- Ability to follow the Women’s Money system and supportively hold women accountable to their action steps (training is provided).
- Optional: Event planning and presentation skills i.e. room set up, event preparedness, event program flow, meeting facilitation, obtain deliverables. (Necessary only for group mentors.)
Basic Training Requirements
to become a fully Certified Women's Money Mentor:
- Please be prepared that becoming a fully Certified Women's Money Mentor takes a minimum committment of one year.
- We do not charge you for certification (compare to other programs that $1300-$3000); however, you must meet the criteria to be accepted into our mentor training program.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must have participated and/or currently participating as a Program ONE mentee for at least six months. (unpaid)
- Must successfully complete Tech and Mentoring trainings. (unpaid)
- Must perform minimum requirement of three hours per month for six months as an internship/assistant mentor. (paid)
- Mentoring the Mentor: We have several tools to help you through the mentoring training and certification process.
- You never have to pay for materials and supplies related to your mentoring events. Materials are supplied to you for your event or directly to the mentee.
- Certification Annual Renewals
- Your Certification as a Women's Money Mentor requires upkeep and annual renewal review.
- We offer online continuing education (free of charge). You must successfully complete a minimum of two hours of approved continuing education to keep your certification active.
Guest Blog Writers
We are looking for quality guest bloggers to contribute to the Women's Money blogs. Below we detail how you can become a guest contributor.
This is the newly designed site for Women's Money on a new server. At present the organization is on track to have a reach of one million, and has a social media following of approx 12,000.
Benefits to Bloggers:
- Small fee of $20 per post. If you normally charge more, ask your accountant if the rest of your fee is considered a donation. We'll be happy to send you our 501c3 letter. Please also let us know if you would just like to donate the full amount, and not receive payment.
- About the Author paragraph with link to your website on post.
- Promotion of your posts on Women's Money social media properties.
- After five published posts, you will be invited to have a profile (with photo, links to your site and social media accounts, bio) on WomensMoney.org Expert Contributor page.
- Expand your recognition in front of female consumer, female business, military family, and Latina audiences interested in personal finance topics.
- Must be original content.
- 400-1500 words.
- All articles are mainly about personal finance related topics -- different angles on the topic are encouraged (emotions, lifestyle, business, military, budgeting, spending, saving, college, investing, retirement, credit, ID theft, etc). We can do some lifestyle tip articles once in a while.
- Do not sell any product or services. These are to be true information/education articles, not PR spins masked as articles. Women's Money is considered a reliable source of tips, tools and valuable information. They come here to escape the pitch, and get real answers.
- You must have a non-spam, legitimate website.
- We reserve the right to refuse any submission.
- If you're submission(s) is approved, you will receive payment and a media strategy plan to leverage for your articles promotion.
Please submit the following to socialmedia @ womensmoney . org
- Writer's Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Website URL
- Social media URLs i.e. facebook, twitter, pinterest, etc.
- Link to author's bio (or in body of text)
- Link to article (or in body of text)
- Link to photo of author (no attachments please)