Women’s Money® Trademark & Brand Policy
Welcome to the Women’s Money Trademark and Brand Policy page. We’re super stoked that you’ve discovered the awesome ways Women’s Money programming allows you to manage and..dare we say even… enjoy managing your personal finances in new, productive, healthy , innovative and smart ways. Below you’ll find our guidelines, so that you can interact with the Women’s Money brand correctly.
The Women’s Money trademarks and trade dress are protected in the US and internationally, and may not be used without our written permission. Women’s Money trademarks include, but are not limited to, Women’s Money, Pink-Slip Savings, Mujeres y Dinero, Young Women’s Money, Your Money Gal, our Women’s Money logo, our Mujeres y Dinero logo, and other graphics, phrases or images that identify the source or origin of Women’s Money product and services. Do not alter or modify the marks or use them in a confusing way that suggests that Women’s Money sponsors or endorses you or your products or services, or confuses the Women’s Money brand with another brand.
You may make fair use of our Women’s Money wordmarks (such as Women’s Money, Pink-Slip Savings, Mujeres y Dinero, Young Women’s Money, Your Money Gal) to: (1) make factual statements about Women’s Money, our capture devices and services, or (2) truthfully communicate that your product is made for or used with Women’s Money capture devices (more about this is below) or (3) that your photo and video content was captured using authentic Women’s Money mentoring or events, or (4) truthfully communicate your interest in Women’s Money programs, products or original Women’s Money media.
If you are in the media and need access to Women’s Money press kit, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply for a trademark containing Women’s Money or Mujeres y Dinero or one of our other marks, and do not use Women’s Money or Mujeres y Dinero in your website name or register a domain name that contains Women’s Money or Mujeres y Dinero, Pink-Slip Savings, or other marks, or misspellings or other variations of our marks. Your website or fansite must not copy the distinctive Women’s Money look and feel, as we do not want anyone to be confused about whether it’s your site or our site.
Using Women’s Money or Mujeres y Dinero Brand Assets
Find Women’s Money logos, images, and other assets and learn how to use them.
Women’s Money, Pink-Slip Savings, Mujeres y Dinero, Young Women’s Money, Your Money Gal logos and other graphics, phrases or images that identify the source or origin of Women’s Money product and services. are trademarks of The International Association of Working Mothers and may only be used as provided in the guidelines below.
General Do’s and Don’ts
Keep enough space around Women’s Money brand assets so they appear clean and uncluttered
Do use only the following social media references when referring to Women’s Money :
- Use the Women’s Money brand in a way that implies partnership, sponsorship or endorsement
- Combine any part of the Women’s Money brand with your name, marks, designs or generic terms.
- Use trademarks, names, domain names, usernames, logos or other content that imitate or could be confused with Women’s Money
- Present Women’s Money in a way that makes it the most distinctive or prominent feature of what you’re creating
- Use any icons, images or trademarks to represent Women’s Money other than what is found on this page
- Copy the Women’s Money look and feel
- Assert rights over the Women’s Money trademarks whether by trademark registration, domain name registration, username or anything else
- Feature Women’s Money on materials associated with pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that violate the Women’s Money Terms
- Modify Women’s Money brand assets in any way, such as by changing the design or color
Logo Usage Guidelines
- Use only the official logos downloaded from the Brand Assets section of the Women’s Money Press Center
- Online, link directly to your Women’s Money account
- Follow all of the guidelines provided on this page
- Modify the Logos in any way, such as by changing the design or changing the colors of the Multi-Color Logo
- Use the Logo as your logo or app icon
Women’s Money Logos
We don’t license the use of the Women’s Money logo from this website. If you’d like to request special permission to use the Women’s Money logo for a specific purpose, please get in touch with your Women’s Money business contact.
Approved Logos for use
Approved logos for your use are on this page.
Other uses of the Women’s Money Brand in Marketing
- Modify the Logos in any way, such as by changing the design or changing the colors of the Multi-Color Logo. \Use “Women’s Money” “in a way that implies Women’s Money partnership, sponsorship or endorsement
- Combine “WomensMoney” or “MujeresyDinero” with a brand name in a hashtag without our prior written permission
- Attempt to acquire or enforce rights in a word or phrase that uses the terms “WomenMoney” or “MujeresyDinero” with any other term in a hashtag
- Use an #WomenMoney or #MujeresyDinero to invite people to post to other social networks
Displaying or Embedding Women’s Money Content
- Obtain all necessary permissions for use of:
- Photos and videos posted to Women’s Money by others
- Personally identifiable information such as names, usernames or profile photos
- Non-public information
- Third-party logos, images, trademarks or service marks
- Any other third-party material
- Provide attribution to Women’s Money and to the owner of any content.
- Modify screenshots or photos from how they look on Women’s Money, such as by blurring, redacting, annotating, cropping or changing the aspect ratio
- Delete, obscure or alter the identity of the Women’s Money user
- Display Women’s Money content and content from other social media sites together without clear visual separation and differentiation
Hosting and Promoting your “Women’s Money” or “Mujeres y Dinero” Event
You must apply and be accepted into the Women’s Money mentoring and leadership program in order to host any “Women’s Money” or “Mujeres y Dinero” event.
Only if you are on an approved event committee are you allowed to use letterhead for the purposes of community engagement in your locally approved Women's Money brand event.
Any person or organization who uses any Women's Money logo, name, likeness, letterhead or any other unauthorized to unlawfully gain funds for a copycat or unsanctioned event will be prosecuted.
Talking About Women’s Money
Sometimes you may need to refer to Women’s Money to discuss it, describe your presence on Women’s Money, display your Women’s Money web address, indicate that your product is integrated with Women’s Money, or describe your products or services as they relate to Women’s Money.
- When referring to Women’s Money the product or Women’s Money the company, use the full name “Women’s Money” and/or the full name of the product or service without any modification
- Capitalize the word ‟Women’s Money”, except when it’s part of a web address
- Display the word ‟Women’s Money” in the same font size and style as the content surrounding it
- Use any of the Women’s Money logos in place of the word ‟Women’s Money” in a sentence
Women’s Money doesn’t permit or license its trademarks, logos or other intellectual property for use on merchandise.
- Use any Women’s Money brand on merchandise, such as toys, apparel or accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does Women’s Money need rules about how to use its brand assets?
These rules are intended to promote consistent use of the Women’s Money brand. This makes it easier for people to instantly recognize references to Women’s Money and prevents consumer confusion. These guidelines also help protect our trademarks.
Q: What does Women’s Money do if people misuse its brand assets?
Women’s Money dedicates substantial resources to the development and protection of its intellectual property. In addition to seeking registration of its trademarks and logos, Women’s Money enforces its rights against people who misuse its trademarks.
Q: Do I need to request permission for each use of the Women’s Money brand assets?
Please follow the Women’s Money Brand Guidelines. Permission is required for certain use in broadcast and film. For displaying or embedding authentic Women’s Money content in broadcast, follow the guidelines above. For fictional or dramatic depictions of Women’s Money content or branding, request permission by completing the permission request form.
Please include in each permission request:
- The portion of the commercial, film, program or storyboard that references Women’s Money
- A script of the segment that references Women’s Money
- A detailed synopsis of the commercial, film or program
- A mock-up showing how any Women’s Money brand assets will be featured in your materials
- Translations for any non-English requests
- It normally takes 1-2 weeks for requests to be processed.
Q: Can I combine Women’s Money brand assets with new terms or artwork to create my own marks and logos, or modify the color or design to fit with the style of my website or packaging?
You may not modify Women’s Money brand assets in any way, such as by changing the design or combining our assets with other words or images. You may not modify the color in the Multi-Color Logo.
You may scale the size of Women’s Money brand assets to suit your needs, as long as they are not the most distinctive or prominent feature on your web page, printed material, or other content.
Q: Can I use Women’s Money brand assets in my play, film or book?
You can use the word Women’s Money as part of your book, play or film title to fairly and accurately describe your subject matter, as long as it’s clear that Women’s Money doesn’t endorse or sponsor your project. Except for purposes of providing content attribution for photos in accordance with the guidelines on this page, you may not use Women’s Money logos or images in your book, film or play without written permission from Women’s Money. Request permission.
Q: Can I use Women’s Money logos and images I found elsewhere on the web?
You can only use the official brand assets that are available from this website.
Women’s Money PR Guidelines
If your company or organization wishes to host a fundraiser in which Women’s Money is the beneficiary, thank you! That is a most appreciated thought. However, you will need to contact us for approval before promoting any event or campaign in which Women’s Money or any of its brands are promoted in any way with your brand.
Press Materials Policy & Guidelines
Press Release Requirements
- Any reference to “Women’s Money” in the headline, subhead or lead must not reference Women’s Money as announcing the news with your company.
- Incorrect: [Company] and Women’s Money today announced a new campaign
- Correct: [Company] today announced a new campaign incorporating Women’s Money photos
- The Women’s Money boilerplate and team contact information may not be used anywhere in the press release.
General Language Guidelines
Words not to be used regarding Women’s Money and your company:
- Partner, partnership (unless under certain circumstances at Women’s Money’s discretion)
- Use “Women’s Money mentees” or “Women’s Money community” or “Women’s Money members” instead of “users.”
- Do not refer to your campaign as “the first-ever” or “the first in the industry.” We cannot verify which campaigns are first in the industry. Please instead use “among the first” or “one of the first” if it’s true.
- If you are referring to specific Women’s Money members, please do not tell their story without written prior consent from the member.
- Women’s Money may supply a custom quote for your press release or blog post. Please contact us for the request
- Approved Women’s Money Statistics
- Women’s Money statistics are periodically updated. The latest can be found on the Women’s Money Press Center.
- If your press release includes statistics outside of these approved Women’s Money statistics, please attribute the source.
At the foot of the press release, please include the following trademark line: 'Women’s Money is a trademark of The International Association of Working Mothers in the United States and elsewhere.' If your release includes Women’s Money's logos, use this line: 'Women’s Money and the logos are trademarks of The International Association of Working Mothers in the United States and elsewhere.'
At the foot of the press release, please include the following trademark line: 'Mujeres y Dinero is a trademark of The International Association of Working Mothers in the United States and elsewhere.' If your release includes Women’s Money's logos, use this line: 'Mujeres y Dinero and the logos are trademarks of The International Association of Working Mothers in the United States and elsewhere.'
You are responsible for distribution of your own press release or press materials. Women’s Money will not conduct press outreach on your behalf, but may (at our discretion) mention certain integrations in press interviews and Women’s Money blog posts. Women’s Money will respond to press inquiries on a case-by-case basis.
Do use only the following social media references when referring to Women’s Money :